GLSA Modified Playing Rules for U12 through U19
1. The home team is the first team listed on the
schedule. The home team has its choice of the side of the field from which to
coach. In case
2. U12 field size is 54 yds. x 100 yds. with a
24.5' w x 8' h goal.
3. Each coach will present a filled-out GLSA
score sheet to the referee or assistant referee before each game. At the end of
the game, each
4. Teams and spectators are on opposite
sidelines. Only coaches and rostered players are allowed on team
sidelines. Home team is on the
5. When games are played on Field 13 and not on
Field 12, no spectators will be allowed to be in the area of Field 12 to watch
the game on
6. NTSSA requires that parents, non-playing
players, and spectators should be located not less than six (6) yards
from outside the touchline,
7. Each player shall play a minimum of 50% of the total playing time.
8. All players should have shin guards. Footwear will be soft-cleated soccer shoes or tennis shoes.
9. When a player is injured, the referee will
stop play and signal the coach to enter the field. If a paretn is needed to
assist, then the coach
10. No individual is allowed to run the length of
the sideline except participants of the game. Parents and spectators should
not coach or
11. No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products
will be consumed or allowed near the playing areas. No pets or noisemakers are
12. Opposing coaches, players, and parents should shake hands after each game.
13. Trophies or awards will be given based on league standings. The number of teams will determine the number of trophies or awards.